Monday, August 18, 2008

Wisconsin

I spent most of last week in the Midwest, because my cousin was getting married in Chicago. I grew up going to Chicago twice a year, but it had been four years since I'd last been back. In the summers we'd always head up from the Windy City to my grandparent's lake house just across the border in Wisconsin. It had been a while since I'd been so we spent two days up there before heading to the wedding in Chicago. Here's a few photos. It was lovely to be back at Power's Lake, where I've spent many summers.

Picture got messed up, but it's a good view of the pier I grew up playing on.



Cory and I canoed over to this fun little swampy area of the lake.



My paddle and algae.



Getting ready to go through the tunnel.



Back on the open waters of the lake.



A view down to the lake and community tennis court from my grandma's cabin.



The cabin.

No comments: