Monday, August 4, 2008

Holcomb Valley

Satisfied after enjoying a taste of winter in July, Margie and I continued our journey south along the eastern side of the Oregon volcanoes and crossed the border into a hazy and fire ravaged California. I spent the night in Redding, where forest fires burned all around the city. Saturday morning, July 26th, I was on the road early and heading for Big Bear Lake, to meet my buddies Josh and Melissa for a day of sport climbing. After ten hours of driving I made it to the lake and met up with the dudesters for a bite of Mexican and then to the campground. We clipped bolts all day long the next day. It was fantastic to be back on the rock and to hang out with my old buddies.

Here I am warming up on a fun 5.8.





Josh getting ready for the roof on a tricky 10a.



The happily married couple: Mel and Josh.



Me leading a really fun, technical 10a.



Melissa on lead.



Josh stylin' on a crazy good 10c.

No comments: