Saturday, March 29, 2008

Is it really late March??

Wow. Let me say this has been an amazing March. It has snowed and snowed and then snowed some more. Well, guess what? Today it snowed! Steve and I headed up for some touring in the alpine today and were definitely rewarded. We first headed for a lap in West Ymir bowl. I haven't been spending much time in the alpine lately because of questionable stability, but it was nice to be out in some bigger terrain today, even though the visibility was not great. We had nice boot deep powder all the way down the untracked bowl. On our second lap we headed for Prospector's Bowl. A nice bowl with fun chutes to get into it and then big avalanche paths to ski on your way out. The powder was fast and fun the whole way down. Here's me practicing some of my best poses for my next horror movie audition.



After Prospector's we thought we'd take another lap down West Ymir Bowl again. Wow, that was a good decision. It had been dumping snow the whole day and so by the time we got around to dropping into this run it had really filled in. What was boot deep powder in the morning was now knee deep in the afternoon. The run was epic. Deep and blower the whole way down. Here I am enjoying it.



Steve opening it up in the lower half of the bowl.

No comments: