Monday, March 17, 2008

Cat Skiing!

Yesterday I got the awesome opportunity to go cat skiing for the first time! Since France is working for a heli and cat skiing operation just outside of Nelson, I got the hook up and got to go cat skiing for free. Now that is love. It's been snowing pretty good throughout the week and it snowed another 5 inches the night before I went cat skiing. It was an amazing experience. Skied untracked, totally blower powder all day long under blue skies with amazing views. Even the guides were impressed with how good the conditions were this late in the season. The day was epic to say the least. I didn't get any photos of us skiing because we were just having way to much fun skiing over a foot of heavenly powder. I definitely recommend going cat skiing!

Dave, our guide, at the top of our first run.


One of the bowls we ended up skiing later in the day.



One of the many slopes we slayed.

No comments: