Monday, March 30, 2009

Wind...

Headed out for a short tour on Sunday with my friend Craig. A storm system started moving in early in the morning and the winds were positively nuking. I almost got frostbite on my nose. Fun. It wasn't one of those tours to write home about, but it was, as always, lovely to take a walk in the mountains, even if my digits were frozen and the wind was near hurricane speed. Okay, that's an exaggeration, but that's what it felt like yesterday.

No winds and excellent visibility...Not!



It snowed hard on and off throughout the day, and even a few suckerholes of blue sky made an appearance. The brunt of the storm came Sunday night/Monday morning.



Me and Craig near one of our drop in points on our 4th lap.



Craig enjoying himself in spite of the wind.



My turn.



All in all, the skiing was decent. About 6-7 inches of new snow on top of a breakable crust that took some work to push through. But it was still turnable. Whenever I go out on a day like today where it's butt ass cold and the winds are nuking, I can begin, slightly, to imagine why someone would not be interested in backcountry skiing. It can't be sunshine all the time.

No comments: