Sunday, December 14, 2008

Yeah for Powder

Well, we're finally getting some snow. It's snowed well over a foot in the mountains around Ogden, probably close to 15 or 16" as of today and a few more inches are expected for tomorrow/Tuesday and then more snow later in the week. Praise Jesus. I did a little touring around Snowbasin yesterday and then headed up to Powder Mountain later in the afternoon. Skinned up through 10-12" of light fluffy goodness at Powder, caught the sunset over the Salt Lake...



...and then made some lovely turns in 10 inches of Utah pow.



Today I headed up to Logan, Utah, which is about 70 miles north of Ogden. Simon and I headed to Beaver Mountain, a local ski hill, that's not open yet and thought we'd poach on some of their snow. There was 12" in the parking lot and 16" higher up. It wasn't as light as I'd hoped, so that face shots weren't as plentiful as you'd expect, but it was still durn good.

A composition I liked.



Sun and fresh snow.



Simon's first turns of the year.






And a video of me enjoying the goodness.

No comments: