Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Photo Montage

I've been super slacking on the blogging the last couple of months. So, instead of making a bunch of blog posts to catch up on all the adventures, I'm just putting up a bunch of highlight photos. Photos aren't necessarily in the order that they happened, and there are a lot of photos. Enjoy. Also, I should hopefully have a couple of videos to share in the near future.

Bill skiing the beautifully spaced 3 o'clock trees in the Mt. Cain Backcountry, the gem of the North Island.



Bill skis the fin. I loved the lines in this photo.



Joshua heading into the trees. 3 o'clock trees. Mt. Cain backcountry.



Bill. Sky. Powder. And then the sun came out.



Bill on another lap through 3 o'clock trees.



Joshua.



One of Bill's bindings broke on a late January attempt to ski Mt. Brooks in Strathcona Park. Bill had to ski down with one ski. Sucks.



A lonely bird and the Straight of Georgia.



Shasta and France at Kye Bay, one of our favorite beach spots in the area.



Shasta.



Colorful shell on the beach at the Comox Spit.



France and clouds.



The beautiful north face of Mt. Washington, where I work.



Steve flew out from Alberta for a week of skiing.



We had great snow and sun, a rare commodity on the Island, while he was here. Steve enjoys the sun and pow in the T1 trees in the Mt. Washington backcountry.



My turn.



And again.



I liked the light on this one that Steve snapped of me.



My sweet puppy doesn't have much hair so she likes to snuggle up in a blanket. She must be a Sprague.



I couldn't take my eye off of this peak around Mt. Cain.



I really want to ski this line, or at least take a photo of someone skiing it from this angle.



I found a driver on the ridge so decided to play some golf.



Craig in the west bowl of Mt. Cain.



And lower down in the west gully.



Who says skiing in jeans isn't hot.



Bringing back sexy.



Shasta and her cape.



The Ginseng Chute and our tracks in it when Steve was visiting.



Joshua overlooking the ocean.



Steve with a heavy pack on our two day trip to try and ski Mt. Myra in February.



Joshua a few hours later when we reached Tennant Lake where we'd make camp for the night.



The view from camp towards Myra.



Dusk at camp.



The terrain up into the alpine was uber convoluted and very time consuming. It ended up taking us a lot longer to get up to the alpine than we expected. Here I am after booting up some exposed and scary 50 degree snow. Glad that the angle is mellowing out.



Our highpoint in the alpine. By the time we made it here, we had to turn around so we could make it home on time for me to go back to work the next day. I'll be back for Myra in the spring now that I have a better idea where to go.



Mt. Myra as seen from Buttle Lake.



The beauty of an avalanche.



This is my favorite shot of the year so far. I snapped this one of Steve skiing the Ginseng Chute.



Sun and Ridgeline. Mt. Washington Backcountry.



Last week a storm roared in out of the Gulf of Alaska dropping a meter of cold, fluffy powder. The result was the best skiing of the year and fortunately it coincided with my days off. Frank, or what you can see of him, really glad to be out touring today.



Frank's son Nick enjoying the goods as the sun came out for a little bluebird action.



Frank loving the pow.



Frank in really deep.



Yeah, it was a really really good day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I approve this blog post. :D