Sunday, October 12, 2008

Day Two '08-09

Crazy weather being had around these parts this weekend. It's not abnormal to get snow up in the mountains in October, but it is definitely unique to get snow down in Ogden in October, down in the valley. I woke up this morning to 4 inches of snow outside and it was still coming down steady. In fact, it didn't let up all day until about 3:30 in the afternoon. Little Marjorie with her first coat of snow for the season.



So, I headed up to Snowbasin to take a look and hopefully get a quick morning ski before some afternoon engagements. Skinning up.



Looking down on the upper portion of my ski line. Another 800 vertical feet to go after this pitch.



Me about to drop in.



My tracks.



All in all a nice little adventure. The pow was blower, which would've been more enjoyable with a base, but instead I just hit a lot of rocks and got snagged on a lot of grass. Oh well, I was still skiing velvety smooth pow.

A view out my backyard when the clouds cleared a little bit this afternoon.



And a little on mountain video.


No comments: